- Contact information, such as your name, address, email address, and phone numbers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity analytics information, including details about hardware and software used to visit the Websites, IP address, device identifiers, approximate location, Website interactions, and login information;
- Any inferences on perceived interests, preferences, characteristics, or behavior based on any information previously identified;
- Marketing and contact consents and preferences, such as consent to receive marketing and/or newsletters, product updates and promotions by email;
- Social media interactions with Wet & Forget such as content submitted to us, if you share our content with another user their email is collected on a one-time-basis, reviews of our products, photos shared with us, questions on our offerings, and comments on our social media;
- Any personal information you send to us in emails, attachments, and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute (such as product feedback communications or use of our Websites’ chat functionality);
- Financial details, such as details about your credit or payment card or payment account (including PayPal account), including details of account numbers, payment details, billing addresses, or contact information associated with an account (e.g. email address associated with a PayPal account);
- Relevant personal information for regulatory, contractual, or other legal reasons when you are purchasing our products, using our products or services, or in relation to employment;
- Professional or employment-related information for job applicants, which may include, for example, employment and educational history, qualifications and skills, and other information contained in your resume.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORSOur Websites are intended for a general audience and not intended for use by or targeted to those younger than the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children younger than the age of 16.
HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTEDWet & Forget may use information collected through the Websites (including your personal information and Websites Usage Information) in order to:
- Communicate with you, including by sending you updates related to transaction or shipping status, responses to questions or communications you send to us (e.g., via our Websites’ online chat functionality, or as a response to communications you have with our Customer Service team), and other relevant service or product-related announcements;
- Perform our services, including order fulfilment, maintaining accounts and contracts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, or verifying information;
- Manage our retailer, distributor, sales representative and customer relationships;
- Perform marketing, including providing relevant details and informational updates related to our products, or advertising our products and services online. This could include "remarketing" or "retargeting", whereby users of our Website may be marketed to on other third-party websites through use of Targeting Cookies – see "COOKIES AND LOCAL STORAGE" below for further information. In addition to third-party cookies, remarketing may also involve our use of personal information (such as name and email address) collected from you in prior interactions, which may then be used to provide you with relevant updates, newsletters, marketing, or other information related to your prior interactions with our products and services;
- User content submissions and shared social media content such as photos, reviews, comments, and likes may be used on our Websites or to further marketing efforts;
- Administer promotions such as offering product discounts, contests, or other incentives;
- Undertake research and analysis activities to verify, maintain, or improve the quality and types of products and services being provided, including to handle and respond to complaints or questions, analyze your interactions with our products and services, or act on feedback you provide through surveys, giveaways, product feedback, emails, etc.;
- Evaluate job applications and business proposals (e.g., agreements or requests proposed by prospective or current retailers, sales representatives, and distributors);
- Audit our transactions and interactions, for purposes where we have legal grounds to do so, such as security or for financial or regulatory compliance;
- Detect, remediate, and, if applicable, prosecute any physical security or information security-related or criminal incidents, including protecting against any illegal activity such as fraud to ensure the security and integrity of our services;
- Enforce our legal rights and obligations (including performance of identity verification to respond to certain requests for information), company policies, and establish, make, or defend legal claims;
- Act in the public interest, in line with any laws that apply;
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Types of Cookies on Our WebsitesWe use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
Strictly Necessary Cookies:These cookies are essential for you to browse our Websites and use their intended functionality, including accessing secure areas of our Websites. These cookies cannot be opted-in or out of.
Functional Cookies:These cookies enable the Websites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Social Media Cookies:These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Performance Cookies:These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Websites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around our Websites. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Websites. These cookies may be set on our Websites by our advertising and marketing service providers. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. This recognition is used to serve relevant advertisement, links, or other information about our products and services to users visiting other websites after having previously visited our Websites. If you consent to these cookies, you may experience targeted advertising.
Pixel TagsPixel tags are tiny graphic images or other web programming code that tell us what parts of our Websites customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our Websites. Pixel tags and similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to a website, to monitor how users navigate the Websites, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed. Pixel tags also enable us to send e-mail messages in a format customers can read.
Embedded ScriptsAn embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Websites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our server or a third-party service provider or business partner, is active only while you are connected to one of our Websites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Click Through URLsIn some of our e-mail messages we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on the Wet & Forget Websites. When a customer clicks one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
How we Respond to "Do Not Track" SignalsSome Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, our Websites do not alter their practices when they receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser except as specifically required by law. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
SHARING AND SALE OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe may disclose personal information to service providers and other third parties. Specifically, we may have disclosed to such third parties any of the categories of personal information outlined in the above section, "Categories of Personal Information We Collect", wherever we have legal basis for such sharing. However, we endeavor to share only the minimum relevant personal information that is required to fulfill the business purpose for sharing such personal information.
We may disclose personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers who perform business functions and services on our behalf. This includes service providers who support in the provision, processing, auditing, analytics, management, customer service, promotions, storage, security of our information technology systems and Websites, our marketing and payment processing service providers and partners, and customer service-related service providers (such as those supporting with the hosting and provision of the "Chat" feature of our Websites).
- To distributors of our products, in order to fulfill product shipments.
- Regulatory authorities, government authorities, courts, or other third parties wherever legally required of us or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary and can be taken legally to protect the safety, rights or property of Wet & Forget, our employees, our customers, our service providers, any other third parties including distributors or affiliates, or the general public.
When You Request That We Share Your Information.We may share information when you direct us to do so. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to receive marketing offers from a third party or you engage with a Social Media service or other third party application or feature, through which information about you is shared. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
Business Transfers.In the event Wet & Forget goes through a transition such as being sold, has all or a portion of its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntary or involuntary (such as through bankruptcy), or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity (including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process), any customer information owned or under the control of Wet & Forget (including, without limitation, your Personal Information) will likely be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to assign or otherwise transfer your information (including, without limitation, your Personal Information) and other information we have collected from users of the Site. By providing your Personal Information, you agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
"Sale" of Personal Information.While we do not sell personal information in exchange for monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a "Sale," as defined by certain privacy regulations. This includes sharing of identifiers (such as IP address or email address), commercial information (such as product interest), and internet or other electronic network activity usage data with advertising partners and networks, and website analytics companies. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information. Please see Section "PRIVACY RIGHTS" for further details on how to exercise this right. The Websites may link to or incorporate websites or content hosted and served by third parties over which we have no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. Wet & Forget is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FORWe will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for purposes for which it was collected. Those periods are also based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws, applicable legal and regulatory requirements and periods relating to the commencement of legal actions.
DATA SECURITYWet & Forget uses commercially reasonable security methods -- including administrative, technical, and physical measures -- to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no system can be guaranteed 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, or that we transmit to you, or guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. You use the Websites and provide us with information at your own initiative and risk.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER AND STORAGE IN THE UNITED STATESWet & Forget, Inc. operating only in the United States and Canada. Please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States and Canada. By using the Websites, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States and Canada, the privacy laws of which may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States and Canada according to laws in those jurisdictions.
PRIVACY RIGHTSDepending on the jurisdiction you reside in, you may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we have collected about you. These rights are not absolute and do not apply in all cases. We will never discriminate against or provide discriminatory treatment to any individuals exercising their privacy rights under applicable regulations. If we are not able to meet your privacy rights request, we will explain why, and provide details of any further action you may take.
Your privacy rights are detailed below:
- Right to Direct Us to Not Sell Your Personal Information: You may have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information
- While we do not sell personal information in exchange for monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a "Sale," as defined by certain privacy regulations. This includes sharing of identifiers (such as IP address or email address), commercial information (such as product interest), and internet or other electronic network activity usage data with advertising partners and networks, and website analytics companies.
- With respect to our use of third-party targeting cookies, you can always customize your settings at any time. See Section "Cookies and Local Storage" for further information on how to do this.
- Right of Access: You may have the right to make a request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information. Depending on your residency (e.g. California), this may also include rights to know:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information;
- The categories of personal information that we have "sold" about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom we sold the information.
- Right to Correct: You may have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed.
- Right to Deletion: You may have the right to have certain personal information about you deleted from our records.
- Right to Restriction of Processing Sensitive Personal Data: You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing and use of your "sensitive" personal information, as defined by applicable privacy regulations.
Alternatively, the Privacy Office can be contacted by toll free phone number to offer individuals an opportunity to exercise their privacy rights - please call us at 888.727.8524