Easily Finish Your End of Summer Cleaning
Labor Day is almost here! Which makes it a great time to do some end of summer cleaning. Clean your outdoor living area, pool, boat, and outdoor surfaces before chilly temperatures arrive.
Here are some tips on cleaning outdoor places and spaces around your home this year.
Cleaning Outdoor Furniture and Fabric
Moss, mold, mildew, or algae can begin to grow on your patio furniture when it’s been exposed to humidity or dampness.
Banish ugly green and black stains caused by moss, mold, mildew, and algae on your outdoor surfaces with Wet & Forget Ready-To-Use.
How to Clean Outdoor Furniture and Fabric with Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-to-Use
Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use is perfect for small-scale cleaning on surfaces such as outdoor furniture.
The application process is simple, just the spray surface, let sit overnight and rinse with water the next day, then you’re done! Wet & Forget will work over time with the rain and wind to gently clean up both green and black stains.
Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use Application Tips:
- It’s best to apply on a cool, dry day. Applying the product on a hot day may cause rapid evaporation, which can limit cleaning results.
- Do not apply if rain is in the forecast.
- Spray the surface until it is completely saturated.
- Apply Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use now, to clean outdoor furniture and fabric before winter storage.
Cleaning Outdoor Patio & Decking:
Before the cold weather arrives, clean your patio or deck to reduce your workload next spring.
Wet and Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End’s expansive coverage makes cleaning large surfaces easy! It can also keep ugly moss, mold, mildew, and algae stains from coming back for up to a year or even longer.
How to Clean Your Decking or Patio with Wet & Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End:
- Start by attaching the bottle to your garden hose.
- Rinse down nearby plants or shrubbery using the ‘WATER’ setting on the black dial.
- Turn the black dial to the ‘ON’ setting when you are ready to treat the affected area. Spray Wet & Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End onto DRY surfaces thoroughly saturating the surface.
- Allow the treated surfaces to dry. Do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, water down nearby plants and shrubbery again with the ‘WATER’ setting before turning the black dial to ‘OFF’.
After you apply Wet & Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End, it’ll work with the rain and wind to remove the stubborn stains.
Close the Pool with Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate
In-ground pool decks and pool covers require extra care because of it’s proximity to water all the time. Since these areas are exposed to a lot of moisture, green and black stains can quickly appear.
Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate makes it quick and easy to keep ugly mold, mildew, and algae, at bay. You’ll be done in a splash!
Here’s the how-to for an end of summer cleaning for your pool surround or deck with Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate:
- Mix 1 part Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate with 5 parts water in a pump-up tank sprayer.
- Spray the pool surround or deck with Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate. Surfaces should be dry before applying the product. (Check the weather forecast for chances of rain.)
- Allow surfaces to fully dry- a minimum of 4 to 5 hours. That’s all that you have to do!
Since Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate does the cleaning for you there is no scrubbing or rinsing required. For more application tips, click here.
Following the first application, retreat pool surfaces yearly, or at the first sign of re-growth.
End of Summer Boat Cleaning with Wet & Forget Concentrate
Getting your boat ready for winter storage is important because it maintains its value and keeps your future summer excursions safe and trouble-free.
Eliminate and keep any algae from growing on your boat with Wet & Forget Concentrate. It’ll gently clean any watercraft without etching the surface- from the smallest Jet Ski to the biggest cruiser!
In fact, Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate is non-acidic and bleach-free so it’s safe to use on gel coat and fiberglass boats.
Here’s a general guideline on cleaning your boat at the end of summer:
- Start by placing your boat on a trailer and raise off the bunks or rollers to access the boat bottom.
- The boat should be at least 100 ft. away from a water source before applying Wet & Forget Concentrate.
- The boat should be dry before applying the product.
- Spray the prepared Wet & Forget Concentrate on boat surfaces. Allow time to dry – about 4 to 5 hours.
- Subsequently, you’re all set!
See Wet & Forget in action below!
Late summer is a great time to wrap up your end of summer cleaning list. Clean and prepare your outdoor living area, pool deck, and other exterior surfaces before the chilly weather arrives.
In addition, check out the complete line of Wet & Forget products to clean the outside and inside of your home.