Wet & Forget Outdoor – Which Product Should I Use?
From rooftops to sidewalks, Wet & Forget takes care of some of the toughest outside jobs. Wet & Forget Outdoor works with the wind and rain to get rid of lichen, mold, moss, mildew and algae on your home’s exterior. Here we’ll cover which Wet & Forget Outdoor product is best for your cleaning job.
When is it best to clean with Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate?
Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate should be used for precise applications to remove unsightly green and black stains on easy-to-reach surfaces. It’s best to use the Wet & Forget Concentrate when cleaning:
Outdoor Hardscaping (Brick sidewalks, stone retaining walls, fencing, etc.)
Outdoor Soft Surfaces – (Outdoor rugs, umbrellas, awnings, etc.)
All Wet & Forget outdoor cleaning products are gentle and bleach-free. Wet & Forget Outdoor cleans virtually any outdoor surface including –
- Artificial turf
- Outdoor carpet
- Painted surfaces
- Stained surfaces
How do I clean with Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate?
Just mix Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate with water in your garden pump sprayer. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Clear the surface you are going to treat of loose dirt, leaves, or garden debris.
- Add Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate and water to a pump sprayer in a 1 to 5 ratio. (1 part Wet & Forget to 5 parts water).
- Spray the surfaces with Wet & Forget, ensuring full saturation.
- You’re done! Just walk away and enjoy your day. Wet & Forget Outdoor works with Mother Nature to eliminate ugly moss, mold, mildew and algae.
Application Tip: It’s best to apply Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate when the outdoor temperature is above freezing and no rain is expected. The best temperature range is above 32°F and below 80°F.
When is it best to clean with Wet & Forget Hose End?
Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End attaches to your garden hose to treat large surfaces quickly. The powerful sprayer allows you to reach high elevations to rid outdoor surfaces of green and black stains. Wet & Forget Hose End features a powerful Jet Tip that to sprays up to 30 feet, making roof cleaning easy. And each 48 oz. container covers up to 2,000 square feet. The Flat Fan Tip quickly covers large surface areas such as your siding, deck, or driveway in minutes. Apply Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End when you need to clean:
Roofs – asphalt shingles, clay or metal roofs, etc.
Second story or hard-to-reach composite or vinyl siding, stucco, metal guttering, etc.
Expansive concrete driveways, wood decks, brick sidewalks, tennis courts, etc.
Additional surfaces you can clean with Wet & Forget Hose End include –
- Outdoor carpeting
- Pool Surrounds
- Basketball Courts
Note: Wet & Forget Hose End is not available for sale in California.
How do I clean with Wet & Forget Hose End?
Check the weather forecast for rain before you apply Wet & Forget Hose End. Apply the product to a dry surface, on a cloudy or overcast day when the outdoor temperature is above 55° F and below 80°F, as applying the Wet & Forget on a hot sunny day may cause product evaporation. Also, avoid applying the product on a windy day as this may reduce product effectiveness due to spray drift.
Step-By-Step Application Instructions:
The hose end dial has three settings:
‘WATER‘ – water will move through the hose end
‘ON‘ – the product mixes with water and sprays through the hose end
‘OFF‘ – the spray is shut off – no product or water will flow through the hose end
The product has two removable spray tips. Choose the best tip according to your specific cleaning job.
- FLAT FAN TIP: Best for general application and expansive surfaces at ground level.
- JET TIP: Best for up high and hard to reach areas.
- Attach Wet & Forget Hose End to your garden hose.
- Turn on the water.
- Twist the black dial to the ‘WATER’ setting and rinse down nearby landscaping.
- Turn hose end dial to ‘ON’ and apply the product using a side-to-side sweeping motion. For high surfaces, start at the top and move down the surface.
- Spray Wet & Forget Hose End on the surface until it is thoroughly saturated.
- When you’re finished, turn the dial to the water setting, and rinse away any overspray that landed on landscape plants or windows.
- Turn off the water at the spigot and turn the hose end dial to the ‘OFF’ setting.
- Remove Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End from your garden hose.
- Store any remaining product in a dry, covered location where the temperature consistently stays above 50°F.
For persistent stains, spray Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End again 1-2 months after the first application. Apply a maintenance application yearly or when new stains appear.
When is it best to clean with Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use?
Wet & Forget Ready-To-Use is a pre-mixed formula that features a handy built-in sprayer that makes it ideal for cleaning small spaces such as concrete steps, terracotta planters, outdoor statues, and any small outdoor surface. This outdoor cleaner comes in a half gallon bottle and covers 60 to 180 square feet. The easy-to-use trigger sprayer reaches up to 10 feet. Apply Wet & Forget Ready-To-Use when you need to clean:
- Stairs and steps
- Window sills
- Landscape stone
- Fountains and bird baths
- Patio furniture
- Most any small outdoor surface!
Note: Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use is not for sale in California.
How do I clean with Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use?
Application Instructions –
Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use comes pre-mixed in an easy-to-carry bottle with an attached remote sprayer.
- Remove the remote sprayer from the side of the bottle.
- Gently pull the hose from the bottom of the sprayer handle, the hose will extend 3-foot.
- Peel off the sticker on top of the cap and remove the flip top.
- Press the hose tip into the top of the cap to attach the remote sprayer to the bottle.
- Turn the nozzle to the ‘ON’ setting
- Spray the surface with Wet & Forget Outdoor Ready-To-Use, be sure to fully saturate, and then walk away. That’s all you need to do. No mixing, scrubbing or rinsing is required.
See our Wet & Forget Product Selector for more cleaning information.
Wet & Forget Outdoor works with the wind and rain to clean exterior surfaces from ugly moss, mold, mildew, and algae growth. In addition, it keeps outdoor surfaces growth-free for up to a year or more. Clean smarter with Wet & Forget Outdoor.