How to Prep Your Home for Thanksgiving 2019
Thanksgiving is all about the four “F’s” – food, family, fun, and football! If you’re cooking, cleaning, and hosting overnight guests, you’re busy. Here we cover the top 4 Thanksgiving cleaning tips to clean your house fast and get the party started!
Clean the Driveway
Your home’s curb appeal starts at the driveway. And ugly stains on the driveway detract from the beauty of your home.
Wet & Forget Outdoor removes ugly moss, mold, mildew, algae, and lichen from driveways, sidewalks, and outdoor surfaces. Plus, it keeps nasty growths from coming back for up to a year or more, in most cases.
Did you know? Moss and lichen left untreated on a driveway can harm surfaces over time. Moss and lichen can damage your driveway’s seal coat and cause small surface cracks to expand. Which means costly repair bills. In addition, algae left to grow on a driveway or sideway will create a slick surface, which is dangerous for family and guests to walk on.
Wet & Forget Outdoor rids your home of these nasty growths. It’s simple! Just spray on Wet & Forget Outdoor and walk away. No scrubbing required!
Here is how to clean your driveway with Wet & Forget Outdoor:
- Connect Wet & Forget Hose End to your garden hose. Attach the fan tip to the sprayer. Turn the black dial counter clockwise until it stops at the ‘ON’ position for the product to flow. NOTE: If you’ve properly rotated the dial, it will not be able to turn any further.
- Spray the Wet & Forget Outdoor solution on a dry driveway. Choose a day when no rain is forecasted to allow the product to thoroughly dry on the surface. Make sure the temperature is above 55 when applying the product.
- You’re done! Wet & Forget Outdoor does the cleaning for you – no power washing or scrubbing required.
Disinfect Household Surfaces
When chilly temperatures arrive, colds and the flu bug often follow. Keep the sniffles away by disinfecting indoor surfaces with Wet & Forget Indoor Mold + Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner. Wet & Forget Indoor kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.*
*Includes Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enterica, Serratia marcescens, Human Coronavirus, Influenza Virus Type A / Hong Kong, Vaccinia (Pox Virus), Norwalk Virus (Norovirus), Rotavirus.
How to Disinfect Indoor Surfaces with Wet & Forget Indoor
- Apply Wet & Forget Indoor by holding the bottle 6-8 inches from the surface and spraying until the surface is thoroughly wet.
- Allow the surface to remain wet for at least 10 minutes.
- Wipe the surface dry with a clean soft cloth, sponge, or paper towel, or allow to air dry.
Don’t Forget Often Touched Drawer Knobs and Door Handles!
Household knobs, handles, and pulls are small surfaces that are easy to forget but they can become a breeding ground for cold and flu viruses. Your family touches these areas daily so remember to clean them with Wet & Forget Indoor! Just spray the product on your cabinet knobs, appliance handles, and drawer pulls until the surface is thoroughly wet. Let the product sit on the surface for 10 minutes, then wipe clean with a soft cloth or sponge to stamp out germs and household grime.
Note: To kill viruses Influenza Virus Type A and Human Coronavirus, surfaces should stay wet 1 minute or longer. For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning may be required.
Viruses can spread quickly so do not forget to apply Wet & Forget Indoor to surfaces where bacteria and viruses may be hiding such as:
- Bath fixtures
- Trash cans
- High chairs
- Children’s toys
- Doors and handles
Deodorize Soft Surfaces
Pets that go outdoors can bring the funk indoors! And a smelly pet bed is no way to greet holiday guests.
Apply Wet & Forget Indoor to deodorize and sanitize your home’s soft surfaces including pet bedding, decorative pillows, plush children’s toys, diaper bags, gym bags, upholstery fabrics and more!
To deodorize and sanitize soft surfaces: Hold bottle 6-8 inches from surface and spray until the fabric is wet. For best results, allow the fabric to air dry. Note: Heavily soiled areas should be pre-cleaned before applying Wet & Forget Indoor.
Clean the Bath
Wet & Forget Shower is a once-a-week shower spray that cleans the grime from bath surfaces. Simply spray with Wet & Forget Shower and rinse the next day to clean up shower grime, dirt and body oils, and prevent soap scum. Plus, Wet & Forget Shower cleans up mold and mildew stains, too.
Use Wet & Forget Shower on bath fixtures, shower curtains, shower doors, enclosures, glass, tiles, tubs and more. No scrubbing or wiping required. Just spray today, and rinse grime away tomorrow. Wet & Forget Shower works hard while you sleep to loosen stuck-on bath grime and buildup. Just spray grime down the drain with the showerhead the next day.
Wet & Forget Shower’s powerful cleaning formula is bleach-free and ammonia-free so there’s no smelly chemical odor while you clean. All you will smell is a light vanilla scent.
Plus, the gentle, non-abrasive formula won’t harm or dull bath surfaces. It will also help prevent the buildup of bathroom nasties (soap scum & grime). A quick, once-a-week spray cleans your bath surfaces without scrubbing or wiping.
Bonus cleaning tip: Minimize after-meal cleanup by setting up kitchen cleaning stations.
- A soaking station in the sink for stuck-on food
- A “wrap and store” station to wrap leftovers to stash the fridge
- Take-home station for guests to tote home after- Thanksgiving tidbits.
- Stock stations with essentials like paper towels, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, zip-top bags, and disposable containers.
Who knew prepping your home for holiday guests could be that easy?