How to Prep Your Home for Thanksgiving 2021
Thanksgiving is all about the four “F’s” – food, family, fun, and football! If you’re cooking, cleaning, and hosting overnight guests, you’re busy.
Here we cover the top 4 Thanksgiving cleaning tips to clean your house fast and get the party started!
Clean the Driveway
Your home’s curb appeal starts at the driveway. Moreover, ugly stains on the driveway detract from the beauty of your home.
Wet & Forget Outdoor removes ugly moss, mold, mildew, algae, and lichen from driveways, sidewalks, and outdoor surfaces. Plus, it keeps nasty growths from coming back for up to a year or more, in most cases.
Did you know? If moss and lichen are left untreated on a driveway, then it can harm the surface over time.
Moss and lichen can damage your driveway’s seal coat and cause small surface cracks to expand. This means costly repair bills in the future.
In addition, algae left to grow on a driveway or sidewalks will create a slick surface, which is dangerous for family and guests to walk on.
Wet & Forget Outdoor rids your home of these nasty growths. It’s simple!
Just spray on Wet & Forget Outdoor and walk away. No scrubbing required!
How to Clean Your Driveway with Wet & Forget Outdoor
- Connect Wet & Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End to your garden hose. Attach the fan tip to the sprayer. Turn the black dial counter clockwise until it stops at the ‘ON’ position for the product to flow. NOTE: If you’ve properly rotated the dial, it will not be able to turn any further.
- Spray the Wet & Forget Outdoor solution on a dry driveway. Choose a day when no rain is forecasted to allow the product to thoroughly dry on the surface. Make sure the temperature is above 55 when applying the product.
- You’re done! Wet & Forget Outdoor does the cleaning for you. So, no power washing or scrubbing required.
Disinfect Household Surfaces
When chilly temperatures arrive, colds and the flu bug often follow.
Keep the sniffles away by disinfecting indoor surfaces with Wet & Forget Indoor Mold + Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner. Wet & Forget Indoor kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.*
Moreover, it now Kills the Virus1,2 That Causes Covid-19.
This product is effective against SARS-Related Coronavirus 22 SARS-CoV-2 in 3 minutes.
1SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 2On hard, non-porous, non-food surfaces
As a disinfectant, it kills Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enterica, Serratia marcescens, *Human Coronavirus,*lnfluenza Virus Type A/ Hong Kong, *SARS Associated Coronavirus cause of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, *SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 SARS-CoV-2 cause of COVID-19, *Vaccinia (Pox Virus), *Norwalk Virus (Norovirus), * Rotavirus.
How to Disinfect Indoor Surfaces with Wet & Forget Indoor
DISINFECTION, VIRUCIDAL*, MOLD & MILDEW CONTROL DIRECTIONS: Apply Wet & Forget® Indoor Mold + Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner undiluted to hard, non-porous surfaces, thoroughly wetting the surfaces with a cloth, mop, sponge, sprayer or by immersion. Treated surfaces must remain visibly wet for 10 minutes.
For SARS-CoV-2, treated surfaces must remain visibly wet for 3 minutes. For Influenza Virus Type A and Human Coronavirus, treated surfaces must remain visibly wet for 1 minute. Wipe dry with cloth, sponge, or mop or allow to air dry. For visibly soiled areas, a preliminary cleaning is required. For sprayer applications, use a coarse spray device. Spray 6-8 inches from surface. Avoid breathing spray. Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, appliances, tables and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use on utensils, glassware and dishes.
Don’t Forget Often Touched Drawer Knobs and Door Handles!
Household knobs, handles, and pulls are small surfaces that are easy to forget but they can become a breeding ground for cold and flu viruses. Your family touches these areas daily so remember to clean them with Wet & Forget Indoor!
Just spray the product on your cabinet knobs, appliance handles, and drawer pulls until the surface is thoroughly wet. Let the product sit on the surface for 10 minutes, then wipe clean with a soft cloth or sponge to stamp out germs and household grime.
Note: For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning may be required.
Viruses can spread quickly so do not forget to apply Wet & Forget Indoor to surfaces where bacteria and viruses may be hiding such as:
- Bath fixtures
- Trash cans
- High chairs
- Children’s toys
- Doors and handles
Deodorize Soft Surfaces
Pets that go outdoors can bring the funk indoors! Moreover, a smelly pet bed is no way to greet holiday guests.
So, apply Wet & Forget Indoor to deodorize and sanitize your home’s soft surfaces including pet bedding, decorative pillows, plush children’s toys, diaper bags, gym bags, upholstery fabrics and more!
To deodorize and sanitize soft surfaces: Hold bottle 6-8 inches from surface and spray until the fabric is wet. For best results, allow the fabric to air dry.
Note: Heavily soiled areas should be pre-cleaned before applying Wet & Forget Indoor.
Clean the Bath
Wet & Forget Shower is a once-a-week shower spray that cleans and prevents grime on bath surfaces. Use Wet & Forget Shower on bath fixtures, shower curtains, shower doors, enclosures, glass, tiles, tubs, and more.
Simply spray with Wet & Forget Shower and rinse the next day to clean up shower grime, dirt, and soap scum. In addition, Wet & Forget Shower will clean mold and mildew stains from hard, non-porous surfaces, too.
Moreover, no scrubbing or wiping is required.
Just spray today, and rinse grime away tomorrow. Rinse shower surfaces 8-12 hours (but no more than 24 hours) after treatment.
Wet & Forget Shower’s powerful cleaning formula is bleach-free and ammonia-free so there’s no smelly chemical odor while you clean. So, all you will smell is a light vanilla scent.
Additionally, the gentle, non-abrasive formula won’t harm or dull bath surfaces. So, a quick, once-a-week spray cleans your bath surfaces without scrubbing or wiping.
Fun Fact: You can even apply Wet & Forget Shower to your washer to eliminate soap residue!
How to Clean Your Shower with Wet & Forget Shower
- Open the flip cap on the bottle.
- Detach the trigger sprayer from the slot in the handle.
- Then gently pull on the clear tubing to uncoil the clear tubing. It will stretch out to be 3 feet long.
- Firmly press the white, hose tip into the opening on the cap until it clicks into place.
- Then turn the lever towards the ‘OPEN’ setting.
- Rotate the nozzle on the sprayer to the desired setting (spray or stream).
- Finally, treat shower surfaces. Leave on shower surfaces for 8-12 hours (but no more than 24 hours). Then rinse with warm water.
When finished, turn the lever to the ‘CLOSED’ setting and return the sprayer to the slot on the handle.
Bonus cleaning tip: Minimize after-meal cleanup by setting up kitchen cleaning stations.
- A soaking station in the sink for stuck-on food
- A “wrap and store” station to wrap leftovers to stash the fridge
- Take-home station for guests to tote home after- Thanksgiving tidbits.
- Stock stations with essentials like paper towels, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, zip-top bags, and disposable containers.
Who knew prepping your home for holiday guests could be that easy?