How to Clean a Driveway or Sidewalk with Wet & Forget
Do you have black streaks or greenish growth on your driveway or sidewalk? Algae, moss, mold, and mildew growing on your walkway isn’t a pretty sight. And untreated algae or moss can quickly create a slipping hazard.
Here we’ll cover how to clean a driveway and sidewalk to keep your family safe and to boost your home’s curb appeal.
What’s wrong with pressure washing my driveway or sidewalk?
Most outdoor surfaces around your home are not made to withstand the force of water under high pressure.
Pressure washing can degrade your sidewalk, driveway, or outdoor surfaces causing pitting, chipping, or breakage. Wet & Forget Outdoor’s non-caustic formula gently cleans away moss, mold, mildew, and algae without damaging the surface.
Although pressure washing does remove growth, it does nothing to eliminate microscopic spores that attach themselves to the surface. Before long, the problem will start again, and you’ll find yourself pressure washing again and again.
Wet & Forget Outdoor removes stains and gets down to the root of the growth. A driveway or sidewalk cleaned with Wet & Forget Outdoor will stay clean and growth-free for up to a year or more.
Pressure washing is essentially water under high pressure. Pressure washing creates a mess, splashing mud on your siding, flooding your lawn and landscape plants.
Water that is forced underneath exterior siding may lead to mold growth.
Wet & Forget Outdoor comes with an adjustable spray nozzle so you can apply the product only where you need it, and the non-caustic formula won’t harm your home.
Compared to a pressure washer, Wet & Forget Hose End will save you time and can potentially save you money. The new rapid application hose end sprayer allows you to cover up to 2,000 sq. ft. in just minutes!
Tell mold and mildew stains on your sidewalk to take a hike
Mold and mildew thrive on moist, shady surfaces. It’s actually a fungal growth that can be identified by black, brown, grey, or white spots or streaks that appear on your sidewalk, or other outdoor surfaces.
Also, if left untreated, these growths can cause pitting and deterioration on some outdoor surfaces.
How to apply Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate to your sidewalk
Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate tackles ugly mold and mildew stains on your sidewalk and outdoor surfaces- no scrubbing, scraping or pressure washing needed!
- In a pump garden sprayer, mix 1 part Wet & Forget Concentrate with 5 parts water.
- Spray the affected sidewalk allowing for a minimum of 4 to 5 hours drying time.
- You’re done! Wet & Forget Outdoor Concentrate’s easy spray-on-and-leave formula works with the wind and rain to wipe out unsightly mold and mildew. It cleans the sidewalk for you – no scrubbing or pressure washing required.
- Retreat your sidewalk once a year, or at the first sign of re-growth.
Kick algae and moss off your driveway
Green algae, if left untreated, is notorious for forming a slick surface that is dangerous to walk on. This slimy, greenish growth thrives on shaded driveways or moist, shady surfaces.
Green algae will grow on many outdoor surfaces, including decks, porches, awnings, outdoor fabrics, driveways, and outdoor furniture. It even defies gravity, creeping vertically up fences, retaining walls, and exterior siding.
It stains outdoor surfaces an ugly dark to bright green color.
Black algae (Gloeocaspa Magma) appears on your driveway as dark grey or black streaks and smears. Black algae is a type of fungus that thrives in moist areas, in both the sun and shade.
From a distance, it looks like ordinary garden dirt, but you can’t wash it away with the hose. Black algae can turn any area it touches into a grimy, soot-colored mess.
Also, it can be tough to remove, as it will stubbornly cling to outdoor surfaces.
Moss, with its bright green color and carpet-like appearance, looks lovely growing in the garden. But when it takes hold of hardscape surfaces such as driveways and sidewalks, it can damage the surface, shortening its life.
Moss loves to grow in moist, shaded areas such as a crack in the sidewalk. As the moss grows, it ‘stretches’ the crack making it larger.
If left untreated, moss will eventually break the surface apart, leaving you with crumbled concrete. Also, when moss spreads, it becomes a slipping hazard as well.
How to clean a driveway with Wet & Forget Hose End
- Attach the container to your garden hose
- Connect the Fan tip to the sprayer
- Turn the dial counterclockwise all the way to the ‘ON’ setting, where you can’t turn the dial any further. Completely saturate your entire driveway with the product and allow 4-5 hours to dry.
- You’re all set! Wet & Forget Hose End works with the elements to clean your driveway over time. Its gentle formula attacks growth and removes the toughest stains without any scrubbing or pressure washing! Note: The product should be foamy white as it is dispersed onto your driveway.
- Repeat application each year for general maintenance, or whenever you see re-growth.
- When treating moss, be sure to fully saturate the growth so the solution will reach the root structure.
With Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End you can treat your driveway in minutes. And compared to pressure washing, Wet & Forget Outdoor Hose End delivers an extended clean.
Most customers don’t see regrowth for up to a year or longer.